Monday, December 16, 2013

Final Post for 2013

Well, so much for getting around to some of the stuff in my inbox. I decided to get better about it, then I just went on being every bit as bad as I was before. It has become painfully obvious that if I get back on track with writing reviews, it isn't going to happen this year. I'm only in Las Vegas for a couple more days (which will be busy ones) before I head to Ohio for Christmas, and I'll be gone until around the start of January. Since I'm not going to spend my Christmas vacation with my family reviewing albums that I couldn't be arsed to review so far, what puny amount of output I've generated so far is going to be it for 2013.

I'm not even going to write any end-of-year lists, because frankly I've been so horrible about keeping up with new releases this year that even a simple top 10 would be utterly meaningless. I will say, however, that my favorite metal album of the year, almost by default, is Vexovoid  by Portal.

In 2013 this blog hit two milestones. Firstly, I reached 25,000 views. I'm sure a big chunk of that is referral spam, but I'm going to pretend like I don't know that. Secondly, I recently made my 500th post. That's not a terribly impressive amount of output compared with some people, but it does show that I've spent a pretty good amount of time producing content for this blog over the past almost-three-years.

Anyway, that's it for me in 2013. I haven't posted much, but that is largely because it's been a very eventful year for me in real life. I won't sit here making excuses, though. See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment