Saturday, August 31, 2013

News and News

News Item #1

I got back Thursday evening from a four day sojourn to the Grand Canyon. As I believe I've mentioned before, I work on a film crew, so this was actually a work trip. We were filming for a tourism campaign for the Hualapai tribe, whose reservation covers a portion of the canyon labelled as "Grand Canyon West". Some of the highlights of the trip were:

-watching the sun rise over the Grand Canyon

-walking on the Skywalk (a glass walkway that extends 70 feet over the edge of a 2000-foot drop)

-hanging out with a guy named Longfeather who could be the John Candy of the Hualapai indians

-whitewater rafting down the Colorado river with a helmet cam

-driving a truck while the passengers piloted a flying camera drone to get moving footage of a tour bus

-meeting and watching a very talented and friendly close-up magician named Mark Crowe

-flying over the canyon in a helicopter

-attempting a big-eater challenge in the hotel restaurant (I failed but I got a shirt)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News Item #2

Tomorrow night, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in beautiful Las Vegas Nevada, Black Sabbath are playing. I have a ticket. It will be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment