Monday, September 10, 2012

Wintersun News

I just saw that the long-long-long awaited Wintersun album "Time I" has been listed on Metal Archives with an official release date of Oct. 12, 2012 (Oct. 13 in North America). I guess this announcement was made a couple months ago, but today was the first I can recall hearing of it. Admittedly I've recently been a bit out of if in terms of metal news, so I guess I'm just lucky I heard about it at all.


In any case, it will be interesting to see if this release will sink or swim. After the monumental acclaim heaped on their debut eight years ago, Wintersun's follow up has been delayed so many times with so many stories about its impossibly complex mix and its perfectionist approach that at this point the project has become something of an extreme metal unicorn. Now, with so many promises made, if the album is anything short of the year's best release it will almost certainly face widespread derision. Personally I'm expecting a good album, which will frankly be a disappointment to many of the band's long-suffering fans. Good or bad, though, this is a pretty big deal in the metal world.

No comments:

Post a Comment