Sunday, April 1, 2012

Fantasy Baseball

Today was draft day for my annual, hyper-competitive friends and family fantasy baseball league. I took Ryan Braun in the first round, so here's hoping that MLB doesn't succeed in getting that 50 game suspension reinstated. Overall I'm not sure how I feel about my team. My hitting is rock solid (possibly the best in the league), and my bullpen is fine, but my starting pitching is quite weak and could end up losing me games against the most balanced teams. Anyway, it was fun as always, and I just spent an hour and a half surveying the aftermath with one of my brothers.

I'll be going to watch a friend's band play tonight. They're called Princess, and they play an indie pop-rock style that I typically don't listen to, but it should be a good time regardless.

And in closing, happy April Fools Day. I hope nobody did anything too terrible to you this year.

1 comment:

  1. I drafted for a colleague a few weeks ago. Pujols was my first round pick. Unfortunately, a lot of the players that I picked have started to go down with injuries this Spring. Stupid injuries.

    ReplyDelete