Sunday, January 22, 2012

Freezing Rain

On Friday night, we had freezing rain pour over Athens, coating the entire town in a layer of ice. Is it slippery and dangerous? Yes. Does it make nearly every outdoor task, from opening the car door to walking down the sidewalk, more difficult? Yes. However, my biggest concern has been the simple fact that it looks amazing. I went a little crazy yesterday, and I took over 100 photos of the beautiful sheet of ice covering various things around town (mostly I photographed trees). Here are a few of those pictures.



2 comments:

  1. A few years back I was at my in-laws' (this may have been before I was married). A guy down the street from them had been, for some inexplicable reason, running his sprinklers in late fall. Well, the temperature went into freezing, and he didn't shut them off for a very long time. It left this incredibly thick layer of ice all over his bushes, and it looked absolutely bizarre, like Mr. Freeze had shown up.

    When I was really into photography, I tried to shoot this kind of phenomenon, but I could never take a picture I liked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds pretty cool (nyuk nyuk nyuk).

    And I'm not much of a photographer, but I was happy with these.

    ReplyDelete