Monday, April 25, 2011

12 Albums That Changed My Life

I was recently thinking about my musical journey over the past 5 years. I was late getting into metal, not really even branching into hard rock until I was past high school. I now own hundreds of albums by bands I had never heard of just those few years ago, and it astounds me to think how far I have come since 2006 and my summer of musical discovery.

In this vein, I have decided to run a series of posts discussing 12 metal albums that have been a big part of that journey. These are not necessarily my favorite metal albums (though several of them remain amongst my favorites today) but rather they are the records which have had the largest impact on the way I listen to music, the type of music I play, and the areas of music I have explored. Considering what a big part of my existence is now tied up in the music I love, these are, in a very real sense, 12 albums that changed my life.


EDIT: Now that the list is complete, I've added links to each album on it for your viewing convenience.

Album#1
Album#2
Album#3
Album#4
Album#5
Album#6
Album#7
Album#8
Album#9
Album#10
Album#11
Album#12

No comments:

Post a Comment