Thursday, January 13, 2011

Top 10 Beard #2

Thanks to a joint effort by my current schedule and good ol' MLK, I now have a four day weekend on my hands. WOOOOO! And what better way to kick off the celebration than cracking open my last bottle of Strongbow, cranking my new Amorphis album (bought Tales From the Thousand Lakes on my way home), and announcing the final two names on my countdown? And so I give you the runner-up for the Greatest Beard of All Time:

#2 SANTA CLAUS
He has many incarnations in many different places (personally I'm partial to the more dignified Father Christmas), but whether you know him as Kris Kringle, Noel, or good ol' St. Nick, the jolly bearded gift-giver is one of the most recognizable figures in the world. Likewise, he has one of the most recognized beards. Any bushy white beard will draw immediate comparisons to Santa, and to children almost any beard at all will do to make the connection. As the most beloved beard that (n)ever lived, Santa is the kind, jolly, giving face of beards the world over.

No comments:

Post a Comment