Thursday, January 20, 2011

Public Domain is Awesome

I am, as some of my previous posts may have illustrated, rather fond of the silent film era. Well, while there are certainly a massive number of lost films and rough copies (which I think really adds some mystique to the whole thing) there is one undeniably wonderful aspect of looking for silent movies: they are almost all in the public domain now. So, without fear of encountering copyright issues, it is quite easy to find a great many silent classics online for free. There are even several Youtube channels dedicated to posting such movies at their full lengths. Truly wonderful indeed, and so today I think I will have a silent movie marathon, since last night I found The Golem: How He Came into the World (1920), Cabiria (1914), Häxan (1922), and a few others as well. This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment