Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lonely Beard

I found myself looking around a classroom of about 50-60 students earlier today and I noticed something which I found a little bit sad. I was the only person in the room with a beard. Now I'll grant you, the larger part of the class were female. Still, even if there were only 20 guys, in a college classroom I know most of them are old enough to have started growing facial hair. Yet there I sat, with not so much as a short moustache to keep my beard company in that whole room. Oh well, perhaps some day more of those young men will see the light and shed their superficial preconceptions about looks, casting their lot in with the bearded legion. Until that day, we wait.

I know this post sounds dramatic, but I just finished 3 hours of philosophy classes, so my head is somewhere other than else right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment