Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday

Well, it's Friday. My weekend has already started, so it's kind of more like Saturday for me. In any case, last night I had a blog assignment due in one of my classes, and after writing a big long chunk of text trying to 'paint a portrait of myself' I'm feeling slightly drained on the blogging front. So, I'm just going to say that I enjoyed my new album purchase (Tales From the Thousand Lakes by Amorphis) and that I made a mistake when I decided to try a different brand of dry cider.

See, I don't like the taste of beer*, for the most part, so I have taken to drinking Strongbow because, as a hard dry cider, it avoids the whole 'cheerleader beer' label while still having a flavor I prefer. Well, on my way home every day I pass a little wine and beer shop. Yesterday I knew I only had one Strongbow left in the fridge at home, so I popped in to buy some more. While I was there I decided that, instead of Strongbow, I'd try a different brand to see how I liked it. I wound up buying some stuff called Hornsby's, and I have to say I was not terribly pleased with the result. The flavor is, for lack of a better word, invasive. Rather than being subtle it has a very powerful, weirdly caramel-type taste, only more sour. I'm not a taster or critic or anything, so I have a hard time explaining my exact problem with the stuff, but what I can tell you for sure is that I don't intend to buy it again.

p.s. My little sister's birthday is tomorrow. That has nothing to do with anything, but I felt like mentioning it.

* In the time since this post, my views on the flavor of beer have changed dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment