Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Some things + Bearding links

This post isn't about any one specific thing. Rather, it's just a grab-bag of assorted information:

1. I'm excited for March. My two best friends live in Oklahoma and Virginia, but we used to all live in Nevada and have a "Three Musketeers" type thing going. Due to the geographical distance now separating us, though, we haven't all been in the same place together for nearly 4 years. In March that's going to change, and currently plans are nearly complete for our impending reunion.

2. I just redesigned the blog's overall look. I doubt anybody has really seen it yet, so the original look doesn't matter now, but I would still like to make an alteration of some kind to work the original blog description into the new "logo".

3. The picture of me on my profile does not represent my current beard-state. Unfortunately I cut my beard off shortly after that photo was taken, and this new growth is less than 2 months old, so it will still take some time to get back to that level of beardliness (and I intend to keep going once I get there, this time).

4. I am looking toward a slightly distant goal in terms of my facial hair: I would like to have sufficient beard to compete in some category (probably freestyle) of the 2013 WBMC. That's the World Beard and Moustache Championships, for those of you who aren't up to speed on the world of competitive bearding. The event is held bi-annually, and since the upcoming 2011 championship in Trondheim, Norway is in a matter of months, there is obviously no way I'll be in "fighting shape" by then. So I'm setting my sights on the next event, and I'm hoping that by the time 2013 rolls around I'll be in a place where it's economically viable for me to make a trip to Europe to compete. Or that the event is in the USA that year. Either way works for me.

5. If you are somebody who found this blog purely by accident and you are interested in learning more about competitive bearding, bearding philosophy, or the bearded community in general I will include a few helpful links at the bottom of this post. There are also Youtube channels dedicated to bearding and various other places to look, but these should get you off to a good start.

6. Thanks for reading, and have a great day.

WBMC
Beard Team USA
Build a Beard
Beard Revue
Jack Passion

No comments:

Post a Comment