Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bronson

I just saw the movie "Bronson" earlier today, which, if you don't know, is loosely based on the life of the notoriously violent British criminal who took the "fighting name" Charles Bronson. It may have just been my state of mind at the time, but this film really had an impact on me. I have met people who call whatever movie they recently saw and enjoyed a "favorite", but I am typically very hesitant to apply that label. However, I find myself feeling quite strongly that Bronson is going to move into a permanent spot on my short list of favorite movies. It seems to find a very effective midway point between Fight Club and A Clockwork Orange, so if you watched and enjoyed those movies, I'd suggest you take a look at Bronson as well. Tom Hardy, in the title role, is fantastic and does everything you would hope for in such a film. It's got lots of violence, language, and some nudity so it's definitely not something I'd recommend to anybody with delicate sensibilities. For me personally, though, it was awesome.

Side note to tie it in with facial hair: throughout the film the title character maintains an excellent moustache. The real man has now grown quite an impressive beard as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment